Light and fluffy pancakes are fun and festive thanks to sprinkles in the batter. Greek yogurt is used in both the pancakes and the vanilla sauce, giving these funfetti pancakes tons of filling protein. Such a delicious and celebratory breakfast!
I came across this recipe on Pinterest. I was looking for something yummy, easy with a traditional twist. Everyone has fond memories of pancakes growing up or as an adult:) I enjoyed homemade buttermilk pancakes with fresh blueberries and pure maple syrup. We didn’t have them often so they were always a special treat.
Fast forward to now, and my boyfriend’s favorite breakfast treat is oven-baked pancakes. I have eaten more pancakes as an adult than ever… Not sure if that’s a good thing. I reduce the calories by making gluten free pancakes and using yogurt instead of syrup. So, in the spirit of Valentine’s day, heart-shaped sprinkles pancakes with Greek yogurt sauce would be a perfect breakfast for your children, boyfriend, husband, girlfriend, wife and family. The bonus, they’re healthy and tasty! Happy Valentine’s Day!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PANCAKES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used 0% Chobani)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (the oblong kind, not the tiny dot kind)
- For the Sauce
- 1 5.3 oz container vanilla yogurt (I used 0% Chobani)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons honey (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat a griddle pan or large frying pan over medium low heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg, oil, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide the batter into two bowls, and gently mix half the sprinkles into the first bowl.
- Lightly and carefully grease your pan.
- Spoon the batter into four places on the griddle pan. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook for 1 - 2 minutes on the other side. Remove pancakes to a wire rack.
- Stir the rest of the sprinkles into the remaining batter, and repeat cooking process.
- For the Sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, vanilla, honey, and milk. Add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve pancakes topped with yogurt sauce and extra sprinkles.
Original recipe and photos from www.chezcateylou.com