Prior to focusing on eating less carbs I don't think I really thought about radishes at all. I mean, if they were in a salad at a restaurant I would eat them, but I never bought them. But then I read that they are super low in carbs, so I decided to see what I could do with them.
Last week I think I created the holy grail of radish recipes and it is seriously SO EASY.
ROASTED RADISHES WITH BROWN BUTTER SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Clean the radishes
- Slice off the ends (you could use the tops, but I didn't because I had purchased my radishes at a Japanese grocery store that had already cut the ends off)
- Slice the radishes in half and place in small bowl
- Mix in Olive Oil and sprinkle some pink salt
- Pour onto a cookie sheet and roast for about 15 minutes
- If you want them a little crispy you may want to cook them a little longer
- Stir 1/2 way through
- Pull them out
- Then melt some grass fed butter with another pinch of pink salt until it starts to slightly brown
- Plate your radishes and pour butter sauce over top and then garnish with parsley
Beautiful! My daughter was skeptical when I told her what I was making (that is usually her first response to my experiments;) but she LOVED them! This will now be a regular side dish for us!