DryBar Plano, TX to be specific...
I’m sure I’ve mentioned DryBar in previous post. DryBar, oh how I love thee! Let me count the ways:
1. Décor (beadboard, grey/white/yellow color scheme, tufting, vintage photos of glamorous women)
2. Girly movies always on cue (Bridesmaids, Mean Girls, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, etc.)
3. You open at 7 a.m. (I can get a blowout before work)
4. Champagne, tea, water, and other refreshments on tap
5. The scalp massage
7. The cost is worth it (Your time and sanity will be sooooo appreciative)
8. My girl, Deandra…
My hair in its natural state...
Below are some tips and tricks for blowing out highly textured (fancy for nappy) hair.
Stylist/Miracle Worker: Deandra
· Separate hair into sections
· Comb out sections before you go in with brush
· Start with front, work your way back
· Make sure you work product evenly through hair, her favorites include Velvet Hammer Smoothing Cream and 100 Proof Treatment Oil (she mixes them together) with a wet brush
· After working product through, twist each section to hold the moisture
· Use a boar-bristle brush when blowing out the hair
· Get the hair as straight as possible with the dryer
· Smooth, curl, and add shine with a flatiron
The finished product...